Jul 18, 2011

TGF Piper Collage

I had to think back as to how long I’ve been paper crafting and I’ve got to say that I’ve been serious about it for the past 13 years...but in all honesty, my love for sb’ing goes back much looooonger than that! In fact, I need to go back to to the mid 70’s (yes, I am that old!!!) when I used to make sb’ing photo albums for my HS friends by putting photos in self-adhesive photo albums *gasp*...who does that anymore?!! I would cut titles and word captions from MAD Magazine and make pages that looked like COLLAGES. I’m laughing just thinking about those albums...they were so much fun to make! We wouldn’t pass notes in school, instead we would draw pictures to go along with the words in songs and if you ever heard the song The Prince’s Panties you would be laughing right along with me! LOL! I’m wondering if Karla kept any of those pages?!!


When thinking if I have a certain “style”, I want to say no...but I do believe my project for today is a true representation of how I like to craft...it’s a COLLAGE of sorts! LOL! I used the fabulous Creeper Piper to make this 6.5 x 8.5 collage for my daughter’s BFF who will be turning 16 soon. Most of the embellies are from a pile of discarded random items that had been sitting on my craft table, just waiting for the perfect project. Like when I was playing around a couple of weeks ago and triple dipped the flower and butterfly in Utee Ultra Thick embossing powder...I set them aside, waiting for a project. The skull border was my first welded project on my Gyspy and when I realized I used a skull with bows for my son's LO, well...again...another embellie for the discarded pile! The black piece under Piper is a remnant from a MS scallop punch. Etc, etc, etc! The only new things I added to this were the little butterflies, as I wanted them to be in the same pattern as the paper.

As always, thanks for stopping by today...it's nice to see a familiar face or two!

4 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Hi Denice. This is just adorable! I love everything about it. I have never used Eti, but I have seen it used on YouTube. I think it would be really fun to play with. I also love how you have colored Piper and the way you have used your Gypsie. I don't have that, just the Design Studio. lol... Anyway, a girl needs to dream huh? Have a great day. Hugs, Lisa G

1LuvnMama said...

Oh what goodness! Piper is colored just perfectly! Luv your creativeness and all the fun details! :)

vanron said...

Very cute!! You do have some great embellishments and you have the knack of where to put them to make them shine!

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh, she's just darling and I love the collage effect! WOW is that Utee'd butterfly fabulous! Beautiful details xxD