Sep 8, 2011

Throwback Thursday at TGF

I’m sitting here wondering if you’ve heard the saying...

OUT WITH THE OLD, IN WITH THE NEW

I bet you have, and boo-hoo-hoo...I LOVE my older TGF stamps and would NEVER, EVER get rid of them! OMG, NEVER!!! LOL! Thank goodness for Throwback Thursdays...when it’s alright to pull out your older TGF stamps and show them some lovin’! You know you can pull them out any day of the week, it’s just that TGF likes to showcase some of the older sets on Thursdays...they’re why we fell in love with TGF in the first place! With that said, I hope you like the project I made for you today!

I found this adorable quote while searching for angel quotes for my Heart Journal a couple of weeks ago, and I’ve been thinking about this ever since I saw it...waiting for the right time to use it. I can’t remember who the quote was by, if anyone does and wants to let me know, that would be great.


I don’t think it comes as a surprise to anyone when I say that I LOVE the Cheeky Cherry girls as they seem to show up a lot in my projects...and who doesn’t love the adorable and aptly named Naughty and Nice set?


I wanted to use Cheeky with her wings and halo, but wasn’t sure what to do about the broomstick...until my “AH HA” moment when I remembered I bought Hallo Witch Digi last Halloween. Along with my images, I used a lot of color sprays, flowers, pearls, lace, glitter, Copics, and few other do-dads...finishing with this adorable wall hanging (which has yet to have a ribbon to hang it with!)


The older stamps really are why most of us fell in love with TGF in the first place, so I hope you get the chance to pull out some of yours this week. Maybe you'll find the time to join a challenge or two, and if you do...hopefully you’ll join the Farm Fresh Challenge Blog
DT with one of their 3 weekly challenges.

:Dx
Denice

4 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Ok, I just had to come and tell you once again how much I love this card. First I think that is going to be my new 'MOTTO' lol... I just think it is the perfect saying. I am that way when it comes to people and my children. I can be so sweet and I have no problem with anyone, but you hurt or do something with my M&Ms and you really don't want to see what comes next. heehee... I think all us woman tend to be that way. Now, on to your card. I love her. She is one of my faves and I love, love the tones that you have used to color her in. She is just beautiful and so is your card. I hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs, Lisa

Jessica Diedrich said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this. Love the sentiment and adore the creation and the wings, OH MY gosh!!!! <3

Pam said...

Oh. my. goodness! This is great!! LOVE IT! The saying is just priceless, too! :)

Unknown said...

LOL I find that sentiment so flippin hilarious! This is awesome. The distressing of the wings and the grouping of embellishments are just amazing. I am so glad you got to play with your older stamps too.