Aug 9, 2012

The Handyman can...

I have to be honest and say that monochromatic challenges are NOT not my favorite challenges (even when I use my fav color) and find I struggle with them...on top of that I thought I'd make this into a guy project...double UGH!!



What guy doesn't love a g/c from a home improvement store? Us girls, well...we love our crafty items but those guys...they love their tools! I think this g/c holder qualifies for a Boys Toys theme, don't you agree, lol.

Handyman Ian from TGF was printed in azure/dark aqua and I used very little color on the image because I wanted to keep this simple. The CS was embossed with the brick and wood folders from TH. The measuring tape is a 4-sided border stamp that I bought a few years ago (yes, from the Goosebarn) that doesn't have a manufacturer's name on it. To finish this off I added a few stickers for the DIY sentiment, along with a few brads.

Challenges:
Totally Paper Crafts: #128 Monochrome
Here Come The Boys: #33 Boys Toys
TGF: FFF Can you digi it

Thanks for stopping by and leaving such sweet comments, it's nice to hear from my blogging friends.
:Dxx

10 comments:

Joey said...

Denice I love this card! especially the little tie at the side! Joey x

Rachel Parys said...

This is very cool! I love that you printed him in blue, great idea! The embossing folders added great texture, it's always hard to decorate a guy card without making it girly! And I also love the ribbon/tie closure! You were spot on! Super job!

Unknown said...

Super cool I think what a fab card inside and out Hugs Elaine

Karla said...

Totally gorgeous!!!

Karla:)

eva said...

oh, i like this! it came out pretty cool looking!

KraftyKoolKat said...

What a cutie and so very different, thank you so much for joining us at Totally papercrafts this time and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Really cute card, thanks for joining us at Here come the Boys Mandz xox

Marji said...

Your cards is fabulous. I luv it. Great job. I don't think I will try that kind of coloring for a long time. Your so good.

Marjorie

Jenn Borjeson said...

Absolutely adorable!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Here Come The Boys! Good Luck!! Woo xx