Dec 17, 2014

WW #137 Happy Creepy Christmas

Challenge: #137 Happy Creepy Holidays
Sponsor: Delicious Doodles
Image: Holly Sugar Skull


This was one of those times that I really had to challenge myself to make this ATC and was more than happy when it was finished. For some reason I keep trying to use the color purple on ATC's and beause purple is my least favorite color....I keep thinking I can figure out how to use it. The image was colored with Copics and outlined with BV02. I used BV00 to color the entired ATC background. A Christmas border, rhinestones, and acrylic JOY were added. The finished look is nice but not very creepy.

If you check out the Wicked Wednesday blog you can see some creatively creepy ATCs by my teamies...such a talented group of girls who put their own spin on every challenge.  You can link your ATC projects HERE, just make sure it's uploaded by 7:00 pm EST next Tuesday evening.

***************************
Christmas is fast approaching! Tomorrow we are going to get our daughter at college....it's a 10 hour round trip which makes for a long day, especially since it gets dark so early. It'll be nice to have her home for winter break. When she was home for Thanksgiving I asked her to draw our Christmas card this year....she used a "stylized" style and did our entire family portrait on her laptop. She sent me a copy and I said to my hubs, "this doesn't look anything like us, yet it freakishly looks like us!" I LOVE this card, not only because I look 20 years younger, but we have shoulders like linebackers, and most of us are armless. Check out the matching sweaters!


Happy Wednesday, the days will be getting longer soon!

6 comments:

Nikki W said...

Love this atc, your coloring and how you framed it. Great image

eva said...

wow, an xmas-y looking skull! that is the first i've ever seen that. looks neat. and wow, wow, wow on what your daughter created! amazing!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh it is creepy, great job and I love the family portrait!

Leanne said...

totally outside the box, but also very cool! my co-worker would love this. :)

Cool Christmas card! Your daughter is amazing!

Marji said...

OH how I luv your cartoon picture. SO SO Cute and the project WOW. So so awesome. wow So talented and your daughter WOW!!!!!!zyeeee!!!!

Unknown said...

LEAST FAVORITE COLOR!?!?!?!?! BLASPHEMY! I know you heard me in your head as you were typing that LOL! Your daughter did an amazing job on your art. I think you need to hang it in the house.