May 5, 2013

Y&F H #15 Shaped Card for Mother Figure

 
Today is my first official card for the Y&F H DT...woot, woot! 
 
Challenge #15 is to make a Shaped Card for a Mother Figure, which I interpreted to be anything but a typical A2 sized card. I used Fumi w/ Birdie for this card because my mother is a bird watcher. Have you ever heard of "crazy cat ladies?"  Well, my mother is the  "crazy bird lady" and she is going to love this! 
 

I pulled out my well used Pagoda cartridge and cut the flower at 5 1/2" and 4 1/2" in both regular and shadow. I ran into a little dilemma because I didn't weld the flowers to make a card, so the picture below is how I joined them. The black, green and white circles were all hand doodled. The letters were stamped and fussy cut on this adorable double sided DP by My Little Shoebox.
 

We'd love to have you join us at Yumi and Fumi Handmade,  you have until Friday, May 10th (Noon pst) to enter your shaped card. To sweeten the pot...the prize for this challenge is a $15 gift certificate to the Y&F H online store!

Thanks for stopping by....happy Sunday, on this 5th of May!
:Dxx

5 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

Wooooow!!! I love the colors on this, and that shape!! This is super cute Denice! Great idea for connecting the two shapes together! Genius!

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Gorgeous work, Denice! I just adore your creations with the Yumi and Fumi stamps. The images are adorable! Especially the Panda image. Do you have to use a Y&F stamp to enter the contest?

Denice said...

I tried to send you an email Glo, if it didn't go through here's a link to the Y&F rules and qualifying stamps: http://yumifumihandmadecrafts.blogspot.com/p/challenge-info.html

Unknown said...

You never cease to amaze me with your talent! way to go on another DT by the way!

Leanne said...

Hey Denice!! Way to rock the first of many many shares!! I love this to pieces and now will be breaking out my Cricut (or should I say dusting it off) to use that cartridge. I always forget I have it! Not anymore.. I love the details you did, including all the doodling, my goodness did you run out of ink?! hahaha!! Crazy bird lady huh? LMBO! I think she'll love this card and btw, great fix on putting the two together.
:D