Feb 5, 2013

Y&F H - Winter Yumi

Are you looking at this card and trying to decide which you like better....the adorable Winter Yumi image from Yumi & Fumi Handmade, the fantabulous SEI Corrine DP, or maybe it's the sweet sentiment by Inkadinkadoo?
 
  
I think it's the combination of all three that makes this card so adorably cheery!!  But as cheery as this card is, I'm a bit sad because I've almost used up the entire 6x6 pad which I bought solely for this rainbow paper. Once I opened the pack, I fell in love with all of the patterns and am proud to say that I've kept every smidgen of scrap because I can't part with them. The scraps were perfect for paper piecing Yumi's hat and skirt.
 
I kept the embellishments to a minimum because  (I'm starting to repeat myself here) I couldn't bear to cover up the DP.
 
 Copics
Hair: E31, E33, E35
Skin: E000, E00, E11, R20
Scarf: R05, R08
Boots, W3, E23, E31, E37
Coat and Eyes: GB10, G00, G24, G40, YG11
 
Have you had the chance to check out the newest challenge going on at Y&F H? It's all about using Dies and Punches and you can check it out HERE, but hurry because the challenge runs until February 15th.
 
Lastly, I have to let you in on my latest App fad, Mouth Mover (Lite)....it's free and just a little bit silly!! My 13 yo had braces put on around Thanksgiving and he can't stop laughing when we walk into the room using it. I promise, you'll giggle a little bit too!
 
 
 
Happy Tuesday!
:Dxx

6 comments:

Leanne said...

This is adorable Denice!! Love the dp and the paper piecing is perfect!! Great fresh fun card!! Too bad you ran out of the dp, it's awesome!!
x

eva said...

yumi looks great in that outfit! great card, denice!

Kim said...

Adorable! I love her puffy jacket!

Jenn Borjeson said...

Awww! Too cute!!!

Rachel Parys said...

Fantastic paper piecing!! I need to do that more often, saves a little bit of time! lol! My 15 year old is getting ready for her second round of braces, may have to get this!

Marji said...

I LUV THE TEETH. no no I luv the card. Wait. I luv both. TEE HEE. She is wearing my colors. I luv the way you put it all together. So cool.