Aug 12, 2011

Ribbon Carousel Challenge

I had a few minutes today to join the challenge that THE GREETING FARM is sponsoring this week at THE RIBBON CAROUSEL.

Jess Deidrich, our TGF coordinator and Ribbon Carousel DT'er challenges everyone to get in touch with our “edgier side”. So rip your paper, distress your edges, use an edgy character or image...just do something “edgy”.

One lucky participant in this week's challenge will receive a Greeting Farm 4x6 stamp set of THEIR CHOICE!! So get your edgy on! Your creation can be anything from cards, quilts, sewn items, paper crafts, paintings, anything will work!
*** Please remember that your creation must have ribbon, bakers twine, jute twine, lace (basically anything that comes on a spool). ***

Being on TGF DT I thought it would be fun to play along, it's always fun to try new challenges!



I used the always adorable TGF Piper from the Creeper Crew...boy does this girl have attitude, LOL! I thought the sentiment on this card was a bit EDGY, I mean...how often to you say "truth or dare" to someone?!! I used my Wonky Rectangles Nestie, inked the edges, and then hand doodled around the edge of the rectangle....something I've never done before!!! (I think my artsy mojo is finally kicking in thanks to the Heart Journaling challenges going on at TGF.) I embossed the flower with Utee 3x's...giving it a glassy look, and then topped it off with a button and some twine!

If you'd like to participate the challenge over at The Ribbon Carousel, click HERE.

Lastly, stay tuned because there's more exciting news at TGF over the next few days....more hints tomorrow!

:Dx
Denice

5 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Too cute! LOVE your doodling and your Utee'd flower (Gotta try that!) Perfect for the challenge and thanks. After seeing this, I decided to enter my TI vampire card in the challenge. I would love to win me a GF stamp! xxD

gobeagirl said...

Denice this is just too adorable! I love, love your use of the wonky Spellbinder and your doodles. What a great idea. I don't have that set, but boy oh boy I do now. lol... I love, love that flower as well. I don't have nor do I know how to use Utee, but wow that is just such a WOW on this card. Love it! Hugs, Lisa

vanron said...

I LOVE these greens!!! You continue to WOW me with all your talent!!!

Unknown said...

I love this card. Reminds me of my daughter who , THANKFULLY, made it to her birthday without mommy locking her in a closet. LOL Love the green!

Debbie Carriere said...

Love this!!! Great doodling and I love the colors you chose! Thanks for playing along!