Nov 20, 2014

Marjorie's Challenge

I was telling my friend Marjorie that I have been unmotivated lately, so she challenged the both of us to make a post-it note holder from THIS tutorial. It's such a good tutorial that it hardly took any time to finish, making for an easy peasy project. You can see Marjorie's take on her challenge HERE. LOL, the things Bestie's do for each other! 



I used an image from Michele Perkett called Juniper and Cecilia that I colored with Copics a couple of years ago when my family went on vacation in Door County. The green skirt was a different color but I just used my handy dandy YG11 to color over it...you would never know it was purple at one time. 

The doily was a gift from Marjorie and inked with DI in Spun Sugar
DP is MME Bramble Rose
Flowers, skeleton leaves, ribbon, bling, and Viva Paper Pens were also used.


CHALLENGES:
I found a new blog I'm pretty excited about called Clear it Out Challenge Blog....the name of the blog speaks for itself and I'm always up to the challenge of using what I have.

Anything but a Card:  #41 Anything Goes
Clear it Out Challenge: Anything Goes
Crafty Creations: #276 Recipe
Loves Rubberstamps: #127 Things with Wings
Stamp and Create: November - Ribbons and Bows

***************************

Today I'm going to the Autumn Festival Arts and Crafts show at the Odeum with a very good friend.This will be our 14th year straight of going to craft shows and spending the day together... shopping and laughing, with the emphasis on laughing. I'm hoping to find a few holiday gifts too.

I hope you have a great Thursday! 

13 comments:

Marji said...

What can I say. I need to challenge you more often. I LUV your take on this challenge. I luv the colors the image and the bling and those flowers. SO GORGEOUS. I luv this. Until the next one. Stay tuned!!!!

Hope said...

Beautiful project! I may need to participate in this challenge! You both did such fabulous work!

Leanne said...

oh what a fabulous way to give your mojo a jolt than to challenge a friend. This is awesome Denice! This has the Craft-De stamp on it.
Have fun with your friend today. Sounds like a happy time.

Rachel Parys said...

Crap, another project I need to try!! lol!! This came out so gorgeous!! What a great way to get your mojo flowing!!!

Lynn's Place said...

Cute take on the challenge @ CIO ...stop by again to play <((><

Willeke said...

Aw your creation makes me smile... it's cute as can be!
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challengeblog,
Hugs
Willeke

Samantha A. said...

So sweet and pretty! Thanks for playing along at Clear it Out
-Samantha

Lynne said...

Super cute Post-it Note Holder!!! I love the image along with the colors and all the bling! Thanks for joining us at Anything But a Card and good luck!
Hugs,
Lynne, Anything But a Card DT

Lydia said...

Great project so very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

Dangina Martinez said...

Simply delightful! Love your colors and design! Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubber Stamps!
Hugs, Dangina

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So adorable. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Well YEA for Marjorie! What a fabulous creation. So happy she prodded you in the mojo. LOL Gonna have to try this myself. Happy Thanksgiving, Chickie! xxD

Rachel Parys said...

Hey you!!!

Don't forget to email me your addy so I can get the PS stamp set out to ya!!

raparys@gmail.com

;)