Feb 26, 2014

Elyse's Confirmation

This past weekend our niece was confirmed and I thought it would be nice to make her a mini album/journal  in celebration. Of course I wanted to coordinate her album to her outfit and I was given 3 colors to work with.....aqua, navy, and tan.



I left ample space for journaling and pictures...


...along with plenty of pages with pockets for cards, notes, and memorabilia.





I ended up with quite a few scraps and decided to make a couple of small notepads for her siblings.


DETAILS:
The blue stamped image had been hanging around for a couple of years and while sorting my craft area, I put it on my craft desk to put away and it landed beside this album.....how perfect, I couldn't have asked for a better design for the focal point. All of the crosses were glued to Tim Holtz Fragments with Glossy Accents. DP is DCWV Juniper Berry. 


Flower ribbon, tulle and twine, along with seam binding was used throughout the entire album to tie everything together.  The washi tape matches so well you would never know it wasn't part of the paper pack. Three of the pages open for additional pictures and private journaling. 


Usually when making these journals a 1.5" Zutter wire works perfectly, but after adding extra pages I found binding to be my biggest challenge. Thank goodness Mr. B has a tad more patience than me and was able to put it all together with eyelets and D-rings.

Whew, finally done and Elyse loved it. 
Such a blessed and happy day!

CHALLENGES:
Crafting from the Heart: #7 Anything Goes/Use Flowers
Loves Rubberstamps: #92 Washi or Faux Washi Tape
Through the Craft Room Doors: Anything Goes 2/25 - 3/3
The Ribbon Carousel:  #90 Washi Tape Week 4

I am still burrowed inside from the single digit temperatures outside....brrrrrr! Between naps and daydreams about warmer weather, I keep wondering why I haven't moved south yet as the midwest is a tad bit too cold for me this winter. Again......brrrrr!

13 comments:

Kim said...

This book is beautiful! What a great journal for your niece's memories. Great job as always!

Leanne said...

Denice this is gorgeous!! You always know how to create the most beautiful and thoughtful projects. So many wonderful ideas and details. You rock and it looks like your niece thinks so too.
I wish I could send you warm thoughts but it started to rain today, but I'll send you warm hugs instead!! Stay warm my friend and have a happy day!
xxx
^.^

Rachel Parys said...

What a fantastic gift for the occasion! I always over think those events, and it takes me forever to find just the right gift! This was perfect! Awesome job!

Blankina said...

This is original and super pretty,
love the colours and details too Denice.
I can understand she was happy!!
Hugs Blankina
PS Why don't you add it to Loves Rubberstamps too ( washi tape ).

Blankina said...

Glad you have joined LOves Rubberstamps with your piece of art Denice!
Goodluck,
Hugs from your ex teamie,
Blankina

PaperDaisies said...

What a great project. I am sure it will be treasured. Love the washi tape. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

Marcy said...

Wow! What a gorgeous project and such a wonderful gift for confirmation too! Your niece is so adorable and I'm sure she loved it! Beautiful work here!!! Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is fabulous, I love it. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Dangina Martinez said...

Oh My this is fantastic! Love everything about it. I'm sure she did too. Thanks for joining in at Loves Rubber Stamps.
Hugs, Dangina

Anne Fenton said...

Wow this is amazing, I really love it. Thank you for joining TTCRD this week.

Indah Permata Sari said...

This is so gorgeous! Love the colors here. Thanks for joining Loves Rubberstamps Challenge :)

Unknown said...

This is such an amazing gift. Its beautiful.

DonnaMundinger said...

What a gorgeous keepsake, De! the details are just exquisite. Elyse is darling and looks so happy with it. You're such a wonderful Auntie! xxD