Jan 16, 2013

FBW #223 White On White

It's time to get your white on for this week's White on White (WOW) challenge at Flutter By Wednesday.

I am going to be honest and tell you that I struggle horribly with all white cards, I personally do not like the look of them and therefore have the hardest time making them. With that said, this card took me a long time and several tries, but I LOVE the final result...I'm sending thanks to Danni for challenging me!


The off white is a shimmery coated textured CS, and the iris fold cross was made with 2 different types of white vellum...one plain and one patterned. The sentiment is from SU, silver mesh bling and MS punched butterflies where also added.

Just because I'm not fond of White On White doesn't mean that I can't appreciate a well made WOW card....wait until you see what my teamies came up because their cards are stunning! Feel free to link up your projects HERE!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving such encouraging comments, they always make my day.
:Dxx

10 comments:

Jami said...

Well Denice, for someone who doesn't like white cards, you sure created a beauty!! I especially love the iris folds on the cross!

Kathy said...

Gorgeous card. Love the look of the iris fold, so pretty and elegant.

Jenée said...

Stunning card! Your cross is lovely and so well done. The off-white against the stark white really makes your design POP. Beautiful!

Rachel Parys said...

You're funny! I haven't even been brave enough to attempt an all white! lol! I think this is gorgeous! Awesome job!

Chrissy said...

Oh! Denice, this is just stunning...gorgeous card.I love the folds in the cross, and the subtle change of off white...beautiful.

Luv CHRISSYxx

jan farnworth said...

it turned great even though you struggled thanks for sharing.

Lynette said...

Sorry you struggled, but it sure was worth it - that is one gorgeous card!!! Love the iris folding, along with everything else.

Danni said...

I'm sorry that you don't like all white cards and that you struggled but so happy you took the challenge! This is gorgeous!! Love it!

Harriet Skelly said...

You may have struggled but it sure doesn't show- I love this iris folding! Simply a gorgeous card!

Cassie_lu said...

that cross turned out amazing and the cream on the white is very pretty.