Jan 1, 2013

Fumi Panda and Happy New Year!

 
Happy
Happy
New Year

Once again, I can't say how excited I am to be the January GD at Yumi & Fumi Handmade....these really are some of the cutest images, and every time I see them I always smile. I've been wanting to use Fumi Panda for a while, and I knew exactly what I was going to make with this cutie....a(nother) journal.

 
I made the background paper on the computer because I wanted to personalize this with one of our favorite family stories...that the first time we took our youngest son to Panda Express he started to cry and told us, "I don't like panda meat."  Too cute!
 
I've been waiting for the perfect project to use these beads to make a charm....if you look closely you'll see a glass panda bead.  There are also a couple of wooden beads with kenja symbols that I found at OTC. The Ying/Yang symbol was made using my Pagoda cartridge.


 Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E11, R20, R22
Hair, Eyes: E33, E35
Costume: N1, N4, N8
 
Thanks for stopping by,
I wish everyone a happy and healthy 2013!
:Dxx

4 comments:

eva said...

adorable!!

Thanh Vo said...

Wooooooooo!!! Congratulations, Denice. I can't wait to see your cerations this month.

You are a rock star, thanks for always leaving me THE sweetest comments on my blog. I wish you nothing but the best in 2013. Cheers to creativity and giggles. :)

Leanne said...

hahaha!! Oh My goodness, this is so cute and the story behind it is even better! love the dp and all the amazing charms!! Well done for your first post Denice, I'm so happy you are joining us this month.
:)

Mimi said...

adorable notebook! and what a cute story!! Congrats on your GDT... looking forward to seeing what you create! ;D