Nov 30, 2012

A Journal for Macala

In case you're wondering....what is my all-time favorite project to make? Banners! But second on my list is making journals...which is a good thing because I've decided to make journals for all of my nieces for Christmas this year. You might even get tired of seeing me post so many...but hopefully you won't?! LOL.
 
 
This is for my niece Macala who just turned 10 less than a month ago. She's into bright colors, fashion, dancing, glitter and TIARAS! The green tulle tied on the binding has glitter embedded in it and when Macala come over in October for our annual rib-fest she was playing in my craft area, swirling and twirling all night with strands of this tulle...leaving a mixture of glitter and dust floating in the air for days. I couldn't help but laugh and cry at the same time....there was glitter EVERYWHERE!

 
How awesome that I won this adorable Bean from TGF a couple of weeks ago and it just arrived yesterday...after inking it up this morning I couldn't wait to multi-color her hair....ADORABLE! I also made a charm using beads and TH fragments...a girl can never have too many fragments!

 

The sketch on the cover of the journal is by Kathy Curry and I've used it before a couple of times, the simplicity of the sketch is what works so well.

Challenges:
Yumi & Fumi Handmade:    Use ribbon or lace
Anyone for Anya: No patterned paper
Simon Says Stamp: Anything goes
Use It Tuesday: Ink it up finally

Thanks for stopping by and leaving such nice comments, they always warm my heart!
:Dxx

14 comments:

Kim said...

This is adorable! Love the colors and the great charm you added. Your Niece is going to love it!

Unknown said...

So very cute!! I love all the charms and tulle attached to the journal's spiral. Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday!

Rachel Parys said...

I love her in all her rainbow cute-ness!! These will be a huge hit! Love the charms too, adds a little something special!!

Lin said...

Star is right - love her hair! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge, Denice!

Leanne said...

Ahhhh!!! This is soo adorable Denice!! >.<
I bet your niece loved it!
Oh no, are you still finding glitter everywhere? lol!

Thanks for joining us at Y&FH this month!
;)

Jenn Borjeson said...

Oh my gosh, Denice, this is beyond adorable. I absolutely love her hair! :)

Unknown said...

The colors really pop...cuteness overload!

Colien said...

This is wonderful, it looks great!!
Thanks for joining us at Anyone for Anya, you did a good job using no patterned papers!
grtz.Colien

Dangina Martinez said...

This is so awesome! Love the gorgeous coloring and all that fun bling. Thanks for joining us at Anyone For Anya this week.
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

eva said...

this is so cute! love the rainbow look!. um, i'm gonna borrow this idea!

Blankina said...

Hi Denice...wow what does Beany look great on the non patterned papers and in this rainbow "look".
Great book..everyone would love to receive one like this!!

Thanks for joining in again at ANYONE FOR ANYA!!

Hugs AFA DT Blankina

My Scrap Diary said...

This is super adorable!!! I just love all the colors and I too need to borrow this idea. hehe. Her hair is awesome, and you know I love me some colored hair :)
I think you're going to have to make another one (and send it to me, lol, j/k) to enter the new dtt challenge. I chose Rainbow as the color scheme.
xJess

MrsD07 said...

FABULOUS!! I LOVE those bright colors!!! Thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday!!

Haven_mom4 said...

I feel your pain I still have glitter all over my room even after vacuuming 3 times. Thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday